parking lot troubles

John,
You might avoid more trouble by taking only one spot.  Taking two spots =
just pushes some people's buttons -- like the Civic guy.  Be a civic guy =
and take just one spot, even if its far away.  That way yu'll protect your =
car and be less likely to piss people off.
My first BMW had one of those door dings from parking.  I noticed it =
everytime I got in the car. BUT guess what...... it drove and handled just =
the same as before!  Still a blast to drive.  So I tried to mellow about =
the ding.
Good luck
Rob
'97 328i