[no subject]

Subject:  Spartanburg Build Quality

Has anyone seen any documentation or stories which compare the build
quality of BMWs built in Germany versus those built in the US? I don't
want to consider a Z3 if its got the build quality of a 70's Chevy...  I
seem to recall hearing that the short-lived run of US-built 3-series
vehicles wasn't exactly what one could call stellar, but I can't find
the info to back that up.

PLEASE no flame wars about me ragging on the US (being from Canada, by
the way). I'm sure that as responsible adults we can keep this topic
from plunging into a cross-border battle...

Murray
97 318i