Re: bmw-digest V9 #520

<<
   Hello everybody,

 I saw on the NET a lot of companies that offer superchargers
 kits for BMW between 5K-7K USD.
 I am asking why so much for a supercharger.
 All the kits contain: a supercharger unit with bypass valve and ceramic
 bearings that is under 2000 USD.
 brackets, CNC alluminium cranck pulley , fuel presure regulator
 KN cone filter.
 Why 7K USD ?
 Nobody tried to make a supercharger.
 I want to try to made one , but I have few questions:
 where can I find alluminium cranck pulley, and where can I find
 some info about building a SC.

 Any advice will be appreciated,
 Thank you,
 Jeff >>

Jeff,

Please take this in the spirit it's intended:  If you're asking these
questions, building a supercharger from scratch prolly isn't for you.

Christopher