bmw-digest V9 #512

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>At Sears Point in August, the fastest Mustang in the CMC race was
1:56.305.
The fastest M3 in the PCB
race was Robert Perry's E36 M3 at 1:55:043.  2 E30 M3's (Billy Maher &
Steve
Dinan) were in the enduro race
with times of 1:54.284 & 1:54.274 respectively.

At Laguna Seca in was much the same with the fastest Mustang in the CMC
race
coming in with a
respectable 1:49.053 and Billy Maher driving his E30 M3 at 1:45.591.

Peter Vinsel
BMW Club Racer JS #33 (not an M3, just a 325)

- ------------------------------<

Hello Peter,
 I  saw you at the sears point PCB race, maybe you remember me .  You ran=

203.09, and I ran 2:03.80 in qual.   I think you ran 2:01 in the race. Ni=
ce
job.  =

My only point was that  those mustang that have basically stock motors ,
run pretty damn good, and if they are running 1:56, they are 4 seconds
faster than you and I.    you cant talk about Billy in the "celebrity
events" bmw.   first, it is almost a group A and second , Billy is almost=
pro driver.   Right???    billy ran a 1:52 in our PCB race and 1:52 in
qualifiying. All at SEars.   =

So you agree, any car with race rubber and a good driver can run pretty
fast.  =

Are you coming out to sears this weekend.   Hope to see you there.

mark

End of bmw-digest V9 #513