<E30> OBC problem

I have a '90 325i w/the ambient temp display and digital clock/date.
Sometimes the display switches over to millitary time and Celcius temp
displays.  I do nothing, it switches over on its own.  Sometimes it will go
back, or I have to turn the engine off and start it again to make it go
back to US format.  I know there is a way to switch between US/Metric w/the
full OBC, by pressing certain buttons.  Is there a way to do this w/the OBC
that I have?

Thanks, Justin