>Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:41:33 -0800
From: trieu@domain.elided
Subject: E36 Valve Noise When Cold

I just purchased an E36 from my friend and has just gone out of
warrenty. When the engine is first started in the morning I can hear
some clikcing noise from my hydraulic lifters when I rev the engine to
about 1500 RPM. At higher RPM's and when the engine is hot the noise
goes aways. Anyone have any ideas what this problem may be and how to
fix it?? I live in California and have 15W-40 in the engine. I tried
overfilling the engine oil by 1/4 quart with Mobil 1 but to no avail!! I
know there have been some recent posts about oil starvation.<