<E36> Redline Tranny/Diff Fluid

Chris Osborne posted:
>Comments on your experience in using Redline in the trans/diff and correct
>applications in a 1995 M3 is appreciated.
I've used redline in my tranny for some years - the first time I put in the
Automatic fluid, per the manual, the second time my mechanic (who bought the
stuff for me) put in the Manual stuff.  Both meet all the Dextron II (or
whatever it is - I don't have the containers here in front of me and
basically don't know what I'm talking about) requirements, and I honestly
don't know what the difference is.

I use BMW diff fluid, because I have vague memories of very complicated
discussions about hypoid and non-hypoid gear oils, and decided just to stick
with something that I know is correct, if not the best or cheapest, when
changing the diff fluid (which I've only had done once in my 30k miles).

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will straighten us both out.

Simon Kennedy
'95 M3