RE: <tech> DOHC vs. SOHC

 >> is there such a thing as a sohc multivalve engine ?

 I can answer that one, I've got one one in my low tech 1988 toyota tercel
 12 valve 4 cyl. engine winter beater..a strange beast, it has

 1 intake and 2 exhaust valves per cylinder, and 1 camshaft with 3 lobes/clinder.
 Rocker arms are used to translate the motion.. the sparkplug is not located in
 the middle of the cylinder, rather it is situated to one side, like on most 2valver's.

- -Frank Schulz '92 318is