Re: E36 Oil Starvation Issue

<mailto:rtchafin@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: E36 Oil Starvation Issue
>
>Mark - The valve noise you hear is just the symptom, not the problem.
>You're hearing "valve" noise because your engine no longer has enough oil
>pressure to maintain the hydraulic valve adjustment. This means your main
>and rod bearings also are lacking in sufficient oil, so if you persist in
>experiencing the valve clatter, you can also count on a total engine
>rebuild in the near future.

Hasn't BMW NA realized yet that this is a problem area on M/S50 and M/S52
engines?  Are there any other engines affected by this condition.  My M52
engine just started tapping again at idle, right after I changed to my
winter weight (10W30) Mobil 1 oil.  I've experienced oil starvation symptoms
at the track once, but now it's happening in normal driving condition.
Anyone had any luck trying to get this resolved under warranty?

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536