Re: Rear Seat Removal : E36 M3

>From: Andy Andreasen <andreasa@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E36> Rear Seat Removal

>I was wanting to solicit advice on the removal of the fold down seat =
>backs in an E36 M3.
>
>I am preparing the car to install a roll cage and was trying to remove =
>the entire back seat.  The bottom half and the side bolsters are no =
>problem but I found the seat backs to be a problem.  If anyone has any =
>experience removing them I would appreciate your insight.

Andy,

These come out pretty easy....REAL easy actually once you do it one time.
As I recall (don't you guys cream me if I'm off base here - too many memory
brain cells killed off by Rolling Rocks)..there is a plastic clip that
covers the hinges. You need to 'flick' off the plastic clip with a
screwdriver, etc.  where the seats hinge at the middle. Once this is off,
there is a catch release on both left and right seats that you can pry back
with a screwdriver and they'll come right out (outside pivot points are
slide-ins).  They will snap right back in.

I did a COMPLETE roll bar install article for the Roundel (with photos) last
Spring.  Damn if Satch ain't published it yet, tho.  There are a few tricks
to install these things....email me direct if you want a copy of the article
in WORD format....I think I still have it here somewhere on the hard drive.

Duane Collie
SVR / UUC / Bubba # 00002