Diffing

Scott was right I got the wrong gears....Hey sue me I'm not a Cheby
guy..acctually I have never owned anything made in the USA...Except for my
work truck. Working on it is like going to automotive/truck hell......

If you change the diff I agree your mileage will suffer and it will be
slightly louder, but the Speedo will not be off by that much, maybe 5mph if
that much. If you know the speedo is different have a friend follow you and
determine the change...PRETTY SIMPLE....Bigger wheels and tires will do the
exact same thing...change your speed/mileage reading and hurt your
performance, if not sized properly.

In my 535is it raised the revs around 600rpm in fifth gear. And it was like
having a new car. It makes the 535 feel like an E30 M3 through the gears,
zip..zip...zip..., trust me it you ever try one you will never like it stock!

I am putting  two diff's in  this week, one in a 535, one in a 325....In the
535 from 3.25 to a 3.73 , and in the 325is 3.73 to a 4.10. The 325is will be
getting a 2.7 engine this winter as soon as I build the engine. With the 2.7
and the 4.10 it will be one swift three series, its a customers car he uses it
for track and auto Xing. .

How timely a discussion..Why not check out BIMMER magazine Vol 1 #5, P.95.
Titled "Differential Equation" by Jim Resnick. ( this month's issue M coupe on
the cover). It will give all the answers to why it makes for a fairly cheap
and fun upgrade.

 A diff swap makes a nice performance upgade..Especially with the Shark man's
chip....and a nice mellow exhaust to hear your BMW purrrrrrrrrrr.........

GGray
many BMW's