Re: just wondering...

>ok, if the stock exhaust from a m3 would fit on a 325 and gain a little HP,
>what if one was to get an aftermarket exhaust say.. supersprint, for the M3
>on a 325?? would that be even more HP??

Having just installed a '97 M3 muffler on my '95 325i two weeks ago, I can
assure you that claims of power gains from this swap are _greatly_
exaggerated. In fact, I have noticed a decrease in power from stock. I have
been told that the muffler swap requires a chip swap as well- but Karl at
Active doesn't agree, and I think he knows what he's doing. The butt dyno
registers a drop to pre-chip power levels- and I noticed a *big* difference
in output when I chipped the car.

It's not much louder, either. I didn't want one of those coffee can
exhausts, but I expected something a little more enthusiastic. This I don't
mind that much, however.

The only thing that changed that I do enjoy is the lovely chrome exhaust
pipes-but that I could have gotten easier, cheaper, and with no power loss.

And the part that kills me the most is I left the stock muffler at Active
where I got it done- so even if I wanted to go back to stock, which I do, I
can't unless I find another muffler, which probably means paying for it.

So, IOW, if you're looking for a power upgrade from a muffler, go somewhere
other than the M3 parts bin.

Felix Vicente
Miami, FL (occasionally)
'95 325i, blk/blk, BL/SS'd, Sharked, X'd, and  M3-Muffler'd