<MISC> re:How do you know when to change your clutch

Manuel Paredes asks
>I was just wondering at what point should I think about changing the
>clutch in my 95 325i.  It has 57,000 miles on it and it still has the
>original one.  With my previous bimmer it just went out on me one
>morning and I don't want that to happen with this one

well... I have 180+k miles on my '89 325i and am still on the original
clutch.. and still do the occasional burn out, as well as nasty things
during autoX and driving schools..

I'd think your clutch would last a lot longer than 57k miles..

usually the clutch will start to slip (ie 5th gear up a big hill)
before it dies completely.. it also sometimes starts to smell pretty
bad when it slips a lot..

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i
'74 2002