<E36> LTW Oil Pan Group Purchase Update

Just wanted to update everyone. I currently have a list of 12 people
interested in the group (i.e. deeply discounted?) purchase of a LTW oil
pan for their 3.0 and 3.2 liter M3s. I will send everyone an update by
tomorrow evening and will start looking into the best possible price
next Monday. Please email me at peterstuhr@domain.elided if you have not
already contacted me.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

* It invalidates the warranty - This will probably vary from dealer to
dealer. I have confirmed with my dealer that if problems arise in my '95
M3 (27,000 miles) that they can't specifically trace to the oil pan,
they'll still fix the problem under warranty (i.e. suspension,
transmission, differential, etc.). If your car is still under warranty
you may want to check with your dealer.

* The 3.2 liter requires additional mods. - True. The pan was originally
designed for the 3.0 liter. My friend had the LTW oil pan installed in
his '98 M3 by Ray Korman and additional work was required. I'll get the
specific details on additional parts/labor involved in this once I start
calling the tuners on Monday.

* Can we get an install discount? - Depending on where everyone lives
and who they want to install it, we may be able to negotiate a discount
rate on installation. I live in North Carolina, so the two tuners I
could see installing this for me would be Korman Autoworks and PTG. I'll
try and get some feedback on this type of interest when I send an update
tomorrow evening.

Peter Stuhr
Tarheel Chapter
'95 White M3