Re: Tire Rack Warranty Procedure?

>Was hoping someone could warn me in advance how to handle the following
>situation.  I purchased a set of Dunlop D60A2's for the wife's 318i, mounted
>on some Moda M1 rims back in late 1996.
>
>Since that time I have accumulated a total of 18,000 miles on them.  The
>tread is now down to the wearbars on all four.

Last time I talked to them they wanted me to mail the tires back to them
and then they would make and adjustment based on wear. Remember to
account for return shipping and ask if the pro-rata is on new prices or
the full retail price.

You should be able to get warranty service locally at a place that
carries Dunlops. I got suckered into buying the Sumitomo's (not bad
tires) that no one would warranty including the US distrib and the local
distrib - back to Tire Rack or nothing.

Chris Guy - BMW535i86@domain.elided
1986 535i 5sp AFM 1 piston brake calipers, 1983 245 4sp MAF 4 pbc, 1986
740GLE 4sp+OD MAF 4 pbc