re: <e28> bolt on brake upgrade HELP!! **Rob

 Tom Jarlock <dlions@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: <e28> bolt on brake upgrade HELP!!
>
>After months of salivating over the other e28 brothers on the digest
>that got the e32 calipers and rotors I finally got mine.
<snip>
>I banged off the old rotor and fitted the new balo rotor from the
>ultimate garage.  The caliper carrier wouldn't fit all the way over the
>rotor.  I checked to see if the heat shield was in the way and it didn't
>appear to be the problem.  Further inspection seemed to indicate that
>the carrier was not deep enough to accomodate the rotor.  Did I miss
>something?  was I supposed to bet the e32 caliper carrier also?

        OOPS!  Yes, you were supposed to get the carriers and guide pins.
You need the *complete* assembly to bolt on to your hub.

- - Rob Levinson
'85 535i Turbo, E32 brakes, E32/M5 front end, Euro bumpers/lights, BL/SS
Level 3 w/CCERK, new 3hp starter!
'86 535i, BL/SS Level 2, lowered with snow tires.

www.shortshifter.com