JIM VALIDATES THE ELECTRIC RAM AIR.

Message text written by Land Shark

COMMENTS BELOW BY MARK TO THE LAND SHARK    (EVERYONE READ)

>In all seriousness, I see the problem .  All your experience is in the 1=
00
>to 200 hp adders. =

 Really.. actually Mark.. I've tested and tried most things people can
 think of.. and disproved 90+% of them..

gainers.  superchargers, etc.

 The Schrick Manifold.. waste of time and money

 The Replacement of a 95 manifold on the 96 + cars.. ditto

 People don't listen.. then they spend the money and are severely
 BUMMED.. Do I say "I told you so?!?"

 Your DARNED RIGHT I DO.. =

math.  (i.e." if i get bigger runners, Ill get more flow ,right")
The guys that do this are funny, they dont understand the bottleneck is t=
he
smallest neck down point.  (ie the AFM or something) and you have to hit
this point first.

>But my little 4% gainer device is perplexing to you do
>to its utter simplicity.   =

 No Mark..  it's argument with physics is.. =

 Let's GIVE you the benefit of the doubt..

 Let's say that you can increase the airbox pressure a whole 0.35 psi

 Thats about 0.02 bar.. or about 0.016 bar in the manifold

at
I have relieved .5 psi in the air box?
 That is a difference of almost  .1 bar    (.5 psi neg  going to   .35 ps=
positive.)  So , for your below calculation, and heat is not  really part=

of the calculation because it is so small  of a factor.  So , by your own=

calculation, It would be more than 4X of the below  increases.   =

THANKS FOR THE  VALIDATION.!!!!!

DID EVERYONE HEAR THIS, THE WIZARD IS OPENING THE DOOR TO THE EMERALD CIT=

 Not counting the temp increase (no intercooler) you should have at most
 a 1.5% increase in power.. well within the dyno tolerances from two runs=

 even on a properly calibrated dynojet..

be 6% but minus the
 alternator losses it would be in the 3-4 range.
I REST MY CASE     As a note, the properly calibrated dyno jet was matche=
agains runs by a well known dyno guy , Kieth at superior dyno   (
fairfield, and he travels to all the tracks)   and besides if it wasn't
calibrated, it would still show relative differences like I measured ,
right??      =

So, Ive dynoed, Ive confirmed the calculations with you, what is the next=

question regarding a device that works and has been proved on the dyno.? =

   =

 Now.. how many watts again?!?

 Now many HP to MAKE that many watts???<

zet because the web site had no spelling errors.
the turbo zet  produces  15 to 35% hp increases.  Out of a 50 watt device=

on a 120hp car thats over 15 to 40 hp or  11,000 watts!!!!!
Why didnt you think about ripping into that nonsense, before ripping into=

me.    PLEASE, Show me your air flow calculations of that gizmo.  How do
you get 35 % hp gains out of a little muffin fan  1.5 " in diameter turni=
ng
80,000 rpm????   at least you have validated my concept with your own
calculations

Awaiting a reply from you  ,

Mark =

Electric Ram Air works , and now the shark has taught me why!

Remember, it worked on a honda civic  3-4 % and it worked on a V8  3-4 % =
  =

 Now, the question is why.

End of bmw-digest V9 #493