Questions regarding AFM for JIM

Message text written by Land Shark

?>>>>>>>Thanks for your input.  a couple of comments
>Rising rate regulators are useless at best..

s,
headers, I was told by bosch that it would lean out because the AFM would=

be maxed.   turned out that it went slightly rich , just a the end of the=

dyno run.  (measured with a hobra)
But , the run was in the 13.6 air / fuel range.  when I cranked the RRFPR=
's
up a couple of turns it brought it down to the 12.2 where my HP
suffered,and back up to 12.6 where it was happy and had the most torque.
does this sound ok, or should I worry about the increased pressure in my
fuel rails now ??

 You don't need them to compensate for engine mods.. the DME *MEASURES*
 the air.. if the engine uses more air.. the DME will respond.. remapping=

 the chip merely assures that the response is the correct one.
could toss that bottleneck and go to hot wire...
ecu is not chip changeable, (at least easy ) and  new computers are
expensive.

>How much efficiency gains can be expected by the beter atomization of th=
>fuel due to the increased pressure.?

 The injector was DESIGNED to efficiently atomize the fuel at the rated
 pressure.. higher pressures do NOT assure better atomization, especially=

 when the pintle sticks and messes with the metering!

from.    I started stock which I believe is 2 bar,and the pump is rated f=
or
 4 bar if I remember correctly.  what does 2 turns of a RRFPR do?  ( i we=
nt
from 13.8 to 12.6 air fuel mixture, and that by the way  only gave me 2 h=
p,
so how do chips claiming 20 hp work??? is it just timing????)

 Jim

thanks, =

Mark
ERAM