Off road 325

Hello,

I took my 325es off-road yesterday. :) Well, on a crazy dirt path that kept
going up and down every few yards and I definitely had to stay out of the
tracks, driving 5 mph or less. This for about an hour. I would think this
counts as off-road. I was a bit worried I'd scrape the bottom and it would
be kinda embarrassing to get stuck there, but none of that. The car did
great! On more level areas, I did some Dukes-of-Hazzard-style U-turns too. :)

Ok, this may seem kinda childish to some of you, but I never did this stuff
before and I had a lot of fun. Heheh! I want to keep my car alive (still on
a budget), so I guess I won't be doing this all the time. Sigh.

I'm still surprised how well the car did there. Very controlled. Limited
slip diff. may have helped too. So I'm wondering: did anybody ever modify
their bimmer for off-road? Like *raise* the suspension? How do iX's do
off-road?

How about for autocross? If I remember well, in Europe they raise rally
cars. How about for club rally in the US?

I wish I could see rally on tv. I don't like seeing Nascar and such where
they just keep going round and round. I love seeing those in-car shots from
Formula-1 cars though. Amazing speed.

Ok, I know this message doesn't really hang together. Just rambling..

Chill,

Michiel