Re: Brake Pad Replacements

Ron, I too had enough of brake dust and changed to PBR/Repco Deluxes on
the recommendation of Duane Collie.  They are virtually dust-free and
what dust they do produce is a silver/grey color so you hardly see it.
When dry, they seem to grip just as good as the stock pads.  I've found
them to require an extra "pump" when it's raining hard.  They are fine
for the street and autocrosses but I've heard that you do NOT want to
even try them at the track.  I got mine from Eurasian and they're very
inexpensive.  Give 'em a try.

Bruce Mitchell
Windy City Chapter
'98 M3

- ----

Okay here's my question:
What are the best pads that I can use for street use.  I've heard Pagid
pads
are good, but those words came from the vendor.
My car is a '98 323is

My two most important points are REDUCED BRAKE DUST!!!  and a high
quality
pad (price really doesn't matter, these are brakes and not some cosmetic

add-on, they are supposed to save my life and maybe yours too!).

I really have had it with the factory pads, I take a 5 mile drive and my

rims are coated in black brake dust.