Re: Fikse wheels: More fitment hints

>I KNOW that 9" fits on a modified car, but
>*assumed* (bad word) that a 8.5" would fit better on a stock car with
>much less modification.  Apparently this is not always true.
>
>I would also like to hear from Duane Collie, whom I know to be running
>8.5", 37.5mm offset Fikse's all around, with 245 SO2's.

Carl,

I'm running exactly that combo and had to do a little fender hammering on
the rears, but only a little - the first 45 degree bend section only and not
into the main section where the inner fenders come together.  I have only a
smidgen of clearance both in the rear now as well as the front spring
perches...but a smidgen is all I need.  My car is lowered and has front
camber plates, so I'm not sure if a stock suspension M3 would have to have a
spacer or not. Perhaps.

I like the same size all around..makes tire rotation easy as the camber
plates eat the inside fronts a bit.

Duane