E34 535i noises

I'm a new subscriber so bear w/me.  My '89 535I(manual) is making 2 starnge
noises.  1st is a single light 'thunk' that originates from the right side
of the engine(or wheel well?)
Only when I turn the wheels to the right.  Sounds like axle related..what do
you think?  2nd noise is a rubbing or scraping sound from right rear wheel
well/underside area, but only when car is unlevel(ie going slow over a speed
bump or waiting on freeway onramp)  Car has 103k and is all stock.  Thanks.

Jeff Goss
BMWCCA#159456
Iasca1@domain.elided
'89 E34 535I manual blk/blk