M3 convertible spring rates

I am considering buying a set of take-off springs/shocks from a 1998 M3
convertible.  Does anyone know if the springs on the convertible have the
same spring rate as the ones on the sedan or coupe?  I've heard that the
front springs are the same, but have heard 3 conflicting opinions about the
rear springs.  They are either:

       1.  Softer (since the convertible is more of a 'cruiser' than the
coupe/sedan)
       2.  Stiffer (since the rear of the convertible is heavier)
       3.  the same as the M3 sedan/coupe (because the part numbers are the
same -- this is unverified)

They can't all be right!  I am concerned since i'll be putting it in my
328i and want to make sure that the handling balance isn't affected by rear
shocks that are too soft or stiff relative to the fronts.

Thanks in advance,

	- Jay

	  328i  (slotted front rotors, scrotch harness, and that's it for now)
	  CCA # 149421