Re: Winter shifting

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998,  "Steve D'Gerolamo" wrote:
Until Ben and the boys come out with a heated shifter that warms the trans
fluid (code name Shifter Heat / Into Transmission), you'll just have to live
with a little notchiness when cold. Redline D4/ATF will be a little smoother
than the MTL when cold. SD

Yup,
I also started noticing increased notchiness while shifting into 2nd gear in
the mornings.  I'm using Redline MTL and will be switching to D4/ATF as soon
as I get the car on the lift.  While I'm down there, what is the recommended
fluid for the rear diff?

Speaking of winter shifting, does anyone have an illuminated M3 shift knob
for sale?    That darn AC Schnitzer knob is cold as ... in the mornings.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536