Re: Dyno down the road... Response to Jim

Message text written by Jim Conforti

  No, it doesn't work.. these things have been DISPROVEN so many times =

  by the SCIENTISTS of the world.. and the Gov't .. the FTC/etc =

  that it's hilarious..

  Jim<

Dear JIM,

Tha is a bold statement , given that you understand little or nothing abo=
ut
what the ERAM does. =

If you are so brilliant, just please tell  me, just another uneducated so=
le
on this list , how the dyno would give 4% gains on two differnent vehicle=
with the same very complicated test conditions.   =

please tell be why , when I put a pressure guage in the air box , I measu=
re
=2E5 psi.  at 6000 rpm. and when i sealed it with cauk , it rose to a 1 p=
si
vaccume.         Now, the question for you.  why did  the pressure guage
measure .25 psi positive at 6000 rpm with the fan on.????????/  Does this=

have any realation to reality???   Is my test flawed ???

I really want to know what I am missing , and you with all of your perfec=
SAT scores should beable to help a standard issure B average guy.    =

The reason I did all of the research on the fan was because I remember
something being said about vaccume meaning less dense air.  (all other
things being equal)   =

One other thing,    you also said,

No you havent.. you've found a way to show increases in "Average Torque"
 which are NOT indicative of HP at ALL.. =

 You've found a way to see the AREA under the Torque/RPM curve.. all the
Trq
 could be added in the lower end of the range.. there could be a GREAT
 increase in "performance" by your numbers but ZERO actual increase in pe=
ak
HP!

Man, i have been talking about this for years . (the most hp doesnt give
you the fastest car, its the shape of the torque curve.)
So, You will be proud of me now.  not only do we just do a 60 to 100 run,=

we break it down to macro segments.   so we get 60 to 70 and 70 to 80 and=

so on.   This was interesting when I got 45 more hp from a cam and intake=

system, and did the test.  there was no difference on 60 -80, but 80 to 1=
00
their was a 1 second diff.    so over all the car was 1 second faster.
60-100..     This was a good test to get a feel of the shape of the torqu=
curve or HP curve.    afterall  hp is just torque x speed   , right???

So , please tell me why this device doesnt work even after Ive tested it =
,
showed everyone who wants to see the dyno run, =

and the Racing experts have validated my findings.   ( known racers on th=
circuit and engine dyno guys that have been doing this for 20 years , ie
Frey racing in MT view ca.  =

Answering me with , because I said so doesnt wash!!!!!!   you sound like =
little kid with a problem.   If you had a bogus Idea, I wouldnt attack yo=
with " youre an Idiot"   I would say , " well , have you thought about th=
is
problem this way, and what and How did you measure to get those claims."

You obviosly have no clue as to what I am doing. nor, have you done any
imperical testing in this area.   I have, and have dyno runs to prove it.=
  =

 (these are torque  vs speed curves  of a dyno jet chassis dyno)

Ill ask you to answer me with a little respect.    just tell me where the=

flaws are ?   I really want to know .   if your objection hold any water,=

Ill throw the stuff in the garbage and crawl under a rock.  , but if you
are wrong will you??

i will do any test with any type of dyno you want.  =

mark

End of bmw-digest V9 #477