After one day is it normal for....

I had my new Firestone Wintertrax studded snow tires put on my '85 535i Monday
and today (Tuesday) I notice some of the studs are missing. Is this normal?
Are the studs only to be placed on the outside of the tire, not across the
width of the tire?  Can studs be put into the tire to replace the missing ones
after the tire has been driven on?  Is it normal for the steering wheel to
shake when braking at higher speeds while on studded snow tires?  Dang, who is
this dork with all the questions?  lol

Walter