RADIO & OBC LIGHTS GOING, GOING, GONE (ALMOST)

First my radio and now my OBC display backlights have started to dim.

The center of the displays are still bright but the edges (left and
right on the radio, and now the right on the OBC) are very dim.

Does anyone know if the backlights are user replaceable? Can the
dealer replace them? Can they be sent out for repair? Is it worth it?

Can anyone shed any light on this? (No pun intended.)

TIA

Joe
'90 535i(M) 180K+ and still going strong...(but getting dim)