Re: E28 - Ashtrays

Jerry,
    Go to a junk yard and get them.  I got mine at 02 Salvage here in
the SF
Bay Area for $10 for both rears.  Call some of the salvage yards in the
Roundel.  When you install them, use a large washer to better distribute
the
holding load of the rim of the screw.  This will have them last longer.
Also,
close the doors a little more gently   ;-)

Take Care,
Russ

Jerry Chyo wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I posted this earlier and got no response so I figured, no big...call
the
> dealer ya cheapskate.
>
> Okay, so I do.  A black rear ashtray for a 1988 E28 M5.  Guess how
much.
> $128 after CCA discount.  Ouch.  So I once again humble myself in
front of
> the Bimmer Gods and ask if anyone has a rear ashtray out of an E28.
All I