<E28/E24>Propshafts and difference between Auto/Standard Shift differentials

John,
I recall that when I looked into changing my '88 E28 535iA over to a
5-speed that the propeller shaft was the same on the E24. As you know,
most mechanicals are the same on the two cars.

What I can't figure out is why there is a different differential for the
Auto versus the standard transmissioned models. The ratios and LS
percentages are the same but the parts fiche lists different part #s.

FWIW,

Erick Baumeister