<E36> on board computer

Does anyone else have (or had) problems with the on board
computer in the <E36> s?  I have the computer that only
display tempurature and time.  I am having a problem with
it brightness.  It seem to be very dim sometimes (barely
can see the numbers) when I start the car.  The weird part
is that the number become "bright" again after about 10 min
of driving.  Could some please help!
Kwok
1993 318is

Sounds like your battery is getting weak.  After 10 minutes of driving the
alternator charges it up and the OBC brightness becomes normal.  You might
want to get your battery checked to make sure you've got the correct water
levels and/or replace it with a new one.   If your car is an early '93 or
late '92 and you never had it replaced, chances are your water levels are
low.  Not sure about Canadian spec, but US spec '92-'93 E36 did not come
with a maintenance free battery.

A battery conditioner/trickle charger might also be a good idea for cold
winter months. You do live in Alberta, Canada, don't you?  Winters  can be
quite brutal up there...

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536