<E36> Clutch for 328I

Yesterday I went to the dealer and put in a claim for a new clutch for my
96 328.  After only 38k miles and less than three years I am starting to
feel a little slippage usually when shifting up from 4th to 5th.  This only
occurs when I am power shifting, eg passing a car and want to get the deed
done quickly.

Normally clutches are considered a wear item, like brakes, and arent
covered under warranty unless there is a defect in material or workmanship.
 I contend that a clutch this new must be faulty.

I have requested the dealer call in the regional rep. to make a decision
since the service manager did not want to cover the clutch under warranty,
as expected.

Enough with the rambling.  Assuming I am going to have to pay for the
clutch, can some of you drivetrain gurus recommend any particular brand of
clutch?  Will the M3 clutch fit in my baby?  Any ideas what this will cost?
 I am not interested in going with the liteweight flywheel nor do I think I
need a racing clutch.  I just need a high quality street clutch that can
take aggressive driving.

Heres hoping this gets read through all the BS concerning hamster powered
superchargers, etal.

Warren McBride
96 328I Black/Black
"The OTHER Woman!"  As named by my ex.