<E36> Bentley Repair Manual - Group Purchase database - Status - REPOST

Hi digesters!

Since last message, 40 members were added to database!!!
I decided to repost status just in case I missed some.

The latest news (Nov 5/98) from Robert Bentley publishers follows:

  <<At this time, we are still anticipating haing this book
      published sometime during the first half of next year>>

For those who are new to the digest or not aware about the Group purchase
for the E36 manual, I'm building a group purchase database so I can
purchase 100+ manuals and pass the discount to all of us.  If you're
interested please email me a note, and further instructions will be sent
only 1-2 weeks prior to release of service manuals.

Z3 owners are lucky, somehow RB released repair manual for Z3 before E36 Repair manual -
go figure!?!?!??!

	BMW Z3 Roadster Service Manual 1996-1998
	by Robert Bentley
	BZ98
	ISBN 0-8376-0327-7
	456 pages 8-3/8 in. by 11 in.
	$54.95 list price

Some FAQ's:
- -------------------
Q. *NEW* Why dow www.chaptersglobe.com list manual as completed
and ready to ship within 3-5 days.
A.  They have access to master database of ISBN numbers, and probably
release date in ISBN is wrong.  Remeber this repair manual is almost 2 years late!!!
According to source/publishers it will be ready to ship early next year!!

Q.  Which models of E36 will it cover?
A.  At this time they still do not have final list of models, but it will
cover US & Canadian models.

Q.  What information do you need in your database?
A.  For now, I simply want name and email, as date approaches, you will all
be instructed to provide me more
details on "ship to" address and method of payment.

Q.  How much will it cost?
A.  RB finally registered an ISBN with a list price of $69.95 - Discount should be 25-35
points off list therefore manual should cost us anywhere from 52.95 to 44.95.  With
volume maybe I can squeeze them at 40 points off....

Q.  How is the payment going to be handled?
A.  Pick a sunny afternoon and drive up to my place for beer and drop the
cash :))  I will choose a method that is simple and efficient - for now,
I'm considering payments prior to ship, if you have better ideas, I'm open.
More details will follow.

Q.  Is the manual better than Haynes or Chiltons.
A.  Robert Bentley is known for the most complete/detailed
repair manuals with lots of diagrams to help DIY's to figure out
where to go.  They also have the best repair manual for
previous BMW models.

Q.  Can you add my name for the 5 series manual?
A.  No problem, RB should give same discount based on volume purchase, If I
have any problems with RB, you will be notified.

Later...
Sergio Mastronardi
E36/320i/93/6Cyl