handheld dyno possibility

I wonder if all the wonderful physicists and engineers out there could
figure a way of extrapolating torque of an engine by measuring the
forces required to accelerate the car and then test the acceleration.
Then using some calculus, you could figure a way to actually calculate
torque at any rpm. And then for an added bonus, if you have a graphing
program or calculator you could graph it. And since horsepower is a just
torque*rpm/constant(5252 I believe) then horsepower could like wise be
calculated and plotted. whadya think? Plausible?
Craig Robson-> hoping to know just how much power his car makes without
paying for the dyno run. Also this would make a good way to figure the
increase in power of mods.