Re: Transmission Oil

<<BTW, where and what kind of transmission oil (besides Redline) does the E30
325iS take? The owner's manual calls for NON-HYPOID gear oil, I can only find
HYPOID gear oil at the various parts houses, e.g., PEP BOYS, AUTOZONE, etc.>>

Hey Evan,

Some other options if you are not a Redline MTL fan (it tends to make small
transmission leaks seem much larger) but the owners manual also suggests a
straight weight engine oil such as SAE HD 20/30/40, instead of the non-hypoid
stuff.  I have approx 1-1/2 qts of Castrol GTX HD 30 in my 1990 M3 and it
works great.  This was after my fresh MTL leaked out the selector seal.  The
straight wts. work best when you are in a mild winter climate like I am.

Chris Peterson
Las Vegas, Sin City Treasurer #73435
90 M3, 84 533i