RE: Clutch In or Out?

> >Good point, is she holding 5000 rpm at the light like a dragster?
> >However, if the AC's on, a heavy flywheel'd car ( 325e? ) or a fast
> >cold idle, it mmmmiiiigggghhhttt still lurch into the road.
>
> You are more likely to have a very sudden jerk and smack your head
against
> the steering wheel when it stalls. I have gotten into the habit of
putting
> the car into neutral at the lights so I don't have to hold in the
clutch.
> (Still recovering broken leg) I think this issue is more of a personal
> preference.
>
> Now lets get back the regular postings of $200 turbos & hamsters.
>
> Dave '87 325 (2 really hyper hamsters)

I also kill the motor for long-assed lights around town.  I have a
coworker
who was very irked the first time I did that with her in the car.  So I
make a point to do it every chance I get, since she has no meaningful
reason
for it.  I *live* for that, being 27 going on 8 years old and all.

I used to have a very noisy input shaft bearing in the 4-speed in my '78
323i.
I would push in the clutch just to NOT hear the f'ing bearing grumble at
me in
neutral.  Later, I converted to a 325e 5-speed.  Thank goodness.

 - Thi V.