RE: con rod bolts <MISC>

I'll chime in before someone who knows what they're talking
about speaks up.  (Gawd, I LOVE getting individual message
format again!  It's only been a few years ...)

Basically, instead of torqueing to XX lb-ft, you turn the head of
the fastener to 20 lb-ft, then YY degrees after that.

For fasteners designed to deform a certain amount, this
yield angle nets that amount of deformation.  The idea here
is that you get uniform, reliable clamping, which also happens to
be done assembly-line faster than XX lb-ft setting method.

These fasteners are much more prone to breaking (or not clamping
with enough force) if re-used.  DO NOT REUSE.  If you're rebuilding
a BMW motor, this is NOT the place to cheap out, unless, of course,
you don't warranty your work and enjoy repeating your efforts.

 - Thi VanAusdal