Flywheel and black tube

Hello,
these are two questions to the small block gurus:

I'm currently planning to do an e to i upgrade with all parts (head,
manifold, harness, ecu, ...) from
an 325i E30 for my euro eta (11:1 CR).

- - Which flywheel should I use? The original eta flywheel has 10.4kg, I ran
already a 8.4kg flywheel
  from an i engine. In the meantime I got a 6.2kg flywheel from an 323i E21.
  Should I use the 6.2kg thing, or will I have troubles?

- - The other thing that confuses me is a black tube (it is not the fuel
filter) with 3" diameter and 10" long
  with 2 small hose connectors (same size like fuel lines).
  one is connected to an electrical valve comming from the intake manifold,
the other connector is going
  with a fuel hose to the back of the car (maybe fuel tank).
  What is this thing used for?

Regards

Horst from Austria

'80 323i project car with eta engine