Re: 94'/95' 4.0 V-8's/sulfer problem

Let me see if I've got this straight: Only one automaker (BMW) since the
dawn of the internal combustion engine has had this wierd problem with
cylinder walls going all to Hades, traceable to the fuel, and the
conclusion is "U.S. gas sucks"?  Is it possible, just remotely possible,
that BMW failed to properly research their market, failed to properly test
the cars before selling them here.  Is it possible BMW is out of step, not
everyone else?  Give credit where it is due: they stand behind their cars,
and repair the ones whose engines fail (as long as they're still under
warranty), but I think there's just a small chance here that the engineers
over there in Munich screwed up.  It is only surprising because they do
everything else so well.