<E28> Booster or Master Leaking...

I discovered a noise that sounded like the alternator bearings were going
on my '87 535is. After seeing fluid on the ground (looked like ATF), I
discovered the noise was coming from the power steering pump. Checked the
resevoir and found it low. Traced the leak down to the seal between the
master cylinder and the brake booster.

Which of these items needs replacement?. The connections leading to the
booster are clean.

There is no compromise in the braking but I hear a lot of posting about
the brake bomb......is this it?.

Thanks

Philip Clark
'87 535is - 78k miles