Re:wheel damage on tire changing

In a message dated 11/8/98 6:00:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The dealer tells me that when removing rims from a car there is always
 some damage.
 Do all of you get damage when a dealer removes a rim?
 thanks
 bob >>

Bullshit. If they use the machine that has the plastic dipped "tongue" (where
it goes underneath your wheels bead lip) and they use a "soft socket" (nylon
inside socket) and they don't use a big ol' screwdriver like a murderer, there
should be no wheel damage, period. It's just lazy, sloppy, ill-equipped
shops/technicians that cause wheel damage. Oh yes, and CHEAP "slam on" wheel
weights.

I have a independent tire/wheel/alignment shop that is the only place I let
work on my wheels- PERIOD. I pay about 20% more-worth it. They treat it "like
a lady".

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMWCC member