Re: bmw-digest V9 #453

> Subject: Removal of wax from black trim?
>
> Anybody know how to get this stuff off? Especially from textured or coarse
> plastic surfaces. Have some on my 325i I'd like to get off.... but more so
> on my mom's Volvo. Sick of the greyish appearance it gives off and want to
> make it go away.

I just waxed the fiver yesterday with Meguiar's #26 yellow paste wax.
Naturally, I got wax on the black textured trim (bumpers and rub
strips).  In the course of working wax out of the various crevices
with a toothbrush and a fingernail brush, I found to my surprise that
brisk application of the fingernail brush takes the residual white
dried wax right off of the black trim.  Still gone today.  Much easier
than trying to apply liquid cleaners and other things, which would get
on the paint and take wax off there as well.  To all appearances,
problem solved.

- --
Bill Gusky
http://www.totcon.com/users/moments