awards?

I'm a relative newbie to the Digest, having subscribed since late
April/early May this year.  Perhaps I'm rushing the season, but I wonder
if there's a tradition of annual awards for articles or other
contributions.

If not, I have some general categories and a couple of nominations in
them.  For starters,

Best Contribution to Sanity:  anything by John Fountaine

Best Flow of Technicalia:  Duane Collie's contributions (obligatory BMW
content)

Most Constructive Reply to Flame:  During summer, a single email from
someone acting like a trucker, replying to complaints about truckers
(who was that guy?)

Other categories that might be considered:

Best Lurker (me? -- up until now.  I just blew my cover.)

Biggest WOB

Best Parody

Longest Thread

????