bmw-digest V9 #452

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>ark,  =

Let me see if I understand this:  You're taking power out of the battery =
drive a fan to blow into the engine to increase power so you can turn the=

alternator to recharge the battery current you've used turning the fan - =
is
that the jist of it?

Just curious,

Christopher

ps  Still think my idea of an air tank in the trunk with an airline to th=
intake manifold with suplimental injectors is a killer idea for INSTANT
boost
and you get COOL air and NO external loads on the engine during boost, =

what
could be better???

<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris, you cant do it,  first , you cant pressurize the intake  with a ai=
line because , compressed air will move to the lowest pressure which woul=
then be out to the air box .  Plus , how would you meet your air volume
demands?? 1000 psi tanks at  3 cubic feet of cubic air would be gone in a=

heart beat.  thats only 300 cubic feet, it would be gone in a minute.  =

400 cfm for a 3.5 liter motor.   even if you had a compressor, in which,
whynot just supercharge the damnthing and =

do allthe plumming and costs associated with all the things Im trying to
avoid!!!!

Cant be done -----show me the math, it just doesnt pencil.