<02> tii distributor question

Greetings,
	I have a 73 tii that has some off brand electronic ignition that I
suspect is causing problems. I'd like to remove it and go back to a standard
system. So I bought a distributor cap, points and rotor for a 73 tii and
they don't fit. The part number on the distributor is 0231151008. Naively, I
thought all I had to do was remove some wires and pop that thing out of the
distributor and install the new parts. Do i have to buy a new distributor to
get rid of the elec ignition?
Any ideas?
TIA, Mike Oatsvall