<e28>Audio and Price Questions

I've recently purchased an '86 528e with 80k or so miles on it.
It was hit hard enough in the rear to crack the Differential, but not wide
enought to damage the Left-Rear door...here go the questions...

1.  If anyone out there could tell me if it would be "better" to put
    another 3.50 differential or get a 4.11 for Acceleration?

2.  Stereo needs serious upgrade...I have an older 30x4 Watt Alpine Tape
    deck with CD control....would it easily fit, and would I have problems
    with finding the right wires on the back of the OEM unit?

3.  The steering whell is WAYYYYY to big....relative owns an "Auto
    recycling center".....so could a directly take a 3-spoke like the
    535i's and replace the 18 or inch monster on there now?

4.  I had a Porche 944S before this car...and I'm sure that it won't
    handle half a well.  I wish to at least do some minor mods....perhaps
    M5 sway bars or so....anything else?

5.  Any tune-up ideas for that old of a car with somewhat low milage?

6.  What tires provides (in you opinion) the best traction in wet/dry/snow
    conditions?

7.  Alreay have a Dino Shift knob....but not sure if it'll fit...does it?

Some of these questions may seem insane but I haven't even seen the car
since I sent it to the body shop...sorry about my inadequate knowledge of
BMW's, but I can tell you right now that nothing feels more solid than a
GERMAN AUTO!!!

Thanks everone,
Eben Shantz
c747837@domain.elided