Re: Motronic Injection BA

>I have a 91 325iX and thinking of turbocharging the engine. Does anybody
>have experience with this? I plan on using Electromotive injection system.
>
>I need help does anybody know the side effects of replacing the
>factory motronic system with a aftermarket system?  i.e. cruise control
>ABS brakes
>
>Thanks

The cruise has no relation to the Motronics what so ever.  However, the iX has an interaction between the ABS and the Motronics that
would be nice to retain.

If you were getting  a reputable turbo installation, from someone like ERT, you would not need to change the Motronic system, simply
have it reprogrammed.  Companies like ERT dyno the car and burn custom chips from software designers such as Jim C.
It is somewhat expensive to do this, but cannot possibly exceed the cost of an aftermarket ignition system

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you