New Car Confusion

Digesters,

Was at my local dealer today (Seattle BMW) and saw a couple of new models
that I didn't realize existed:

1.	A coupe WITHOUT any M emblems on it.  There was another M Coupe with
a rear M emblem, so I wonder if there is a non-M Coupe (or were the M
emblems just deleted, (probably))?
2.	A Z3 labeled as a 2.3.  Obviously this is the Z3 with the 2.5L (out
of the 323i) engine in it.  I did read that the Z3 was going to go to engine
designations, I suppose I saw the evidence.  I also believe the 1.9L has
been dropped from the Z3 and only a 6-cylinder is available in it now (2.5L,
2.8L, and 3.2L)?

Thanks for any info and yes, the M Coupe is ugly, but who cares?  At $40K,
it is still a lot of car for the money!

Regards,

Reed
Seattle