<E30> timing belt noise?

hello all,

last week i spoke of a noise coming from the engine of my '89 iX which i had
determined was not the h20 pump.  i though later that it was the fan clutch
but today i stopped by my local dealer to have them take a listen and they
told me that it was, without a doubt, the timing belt.  he said that he had
heard the noise numerous times and that it was nothing to worry about.  the
belt was changed less than 10k ago so it's not on the verge of dying.  my
question is this, does this sound normal to you guys?  the noise is quite
loud and it kinda comes and goes - it's very hard to describe.  the service
guy said that some belt lube (?) could be put on but he didn't recommend it
as the noise would come back anyway.  it kind of concerns me cuz it gets
alot louder when the car is up to operating temp.  should i worry?  thanks
for all the help.

regards,

jack money (Lear Corp. doesn't know my first name)
'89 iX ---->  what the hell is wrong with my timing belt?
motor city chapter

email replies:

jack.money@domain.elided (home)