iX: rotate tires? and snow tires?

I have a 91 iX and am currently running Dunlop 4000
tires year-round. The tires currently have 16K on them
and are showing more wear on the front set than on the
back. What is the collective wisdom on rotating tires on
an iX? Is their a tradeoff of tire longetivity for handling?

Here in Iowa the roads are clear most of the year but when
the snow flies it does get nasty and I have to drive some
steep hills to get to my house. Moreover I often drive up
into snow country in Michigan. Thus I like good winter
tires but I don't really need them that many days of the
year. Thus far the Dunlops have sufficed but I know
I can do better and I am concerned that as they
continue to wear I may want some snows. What
are other people running on iXs? I have used
and liked Pirelli 190s on an iS and was also looking
at the low profile Dunlops. Blizzaks are too
squirrely.

Dave