M Roadster boot

I have only one complaint re my new M Roadster, but it's a big one.  The
two center buttons of the boot are a real PITA to secure and release.
Also, it would be nice if the boot did not take up so much space in the
trunk.

Is anyone aware of an alternative boot or means for attaching which
overcomes these problems?  Has anyone tried simply not attaching the
center buttons, and just relying on the end buttons and the rear
underlap?

David D. Beatty
Myers Bigel Sibley & Sajovec, P.A.
Patent Attorneys
Suite 250, 111 Corning Road, Cary, NC 27511
PO Box 37428, Raleigh, NC 27627
Telephone: 919-854-1400
Fax: 919-854-1401
dbeatty@domain.elided